This recipe is super easy and you will wow your family with the results! Make sure you use the freshest local ingredients possible!
- One fat leek, sliced (should be about one cup)
- One large butternut squash, peeled and cubed (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Vegetable broth (enough to cover the squash by an inch and a half or so)
- 1/4 cup of (real) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- Salt and cracked pepper to taste
Melt the butter with the oil in a large stock pot on medium heat. Add the leeks and stir until soft, and then add the squash. Stir occasionally and cook until the squash is beginning to soften, about 10 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the squash is very tender.
Remove from heat and cool slightly. Blend until smooth. Return to the pot and add the maple syrup until dissolved. Add the cream and stir until well blended blended, being careful not to burn.